Best BCAA Supplement Reviews
Summary: Not sure what BCAA supplement to get? Check out this article to get the latest review of the best BCAA supplement on the market today!
You’ve committed to lifting, not on muscle loss, although it could happen. But in order to build lean muscle, protein synthesis must be greater than protein breakdown. Muscle loss happens when it’s the other way around. To prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism), you need the best BCAA supplement. And in today’s guide, you’ll discover top picks, but let’s talk about the reasons to supplement with BCAA before that.
[*The body enters a catabolic state when cutting calories to build muscle and/or lose weight. It breaks down tissues, along with fat and “muscle”. Catabolism happens because your body uses amino acids as an energy source instead of building lean muscle with these.]
- Read more: When To Take BCAA Supplements?
Benefits of BCAAs
BCAAs can increase protein synthesis because they already broken down important amino acids for it. So in addition to the protein synthesis being performed by a specific cell, putting BCAAs into action translates to better lean muscle building, as it also aids in faster muscle recovery. And as you may already know, muscle repair means more muscle growth, too.
Another remarkable benefit of the best BCAA supplement is immune system support. Every lifter knows its importance.
Why is that so? As you increase the stress you’re putting into your body by increasing weights, let’s say, it also means more work for the body. You lift weights and put stress on your body.
And if your body cannot tolerate stress, its recovery will slow down and will likely make you ill/injured. So what you need to work around it is to supplement with essential amino acids in these branched chain amino acids to support a normal and healthy immune system.
Muscle Loss Prevention
Lean muscle mass loss happens when you’re body is under stress or you take a break from training and doing less movements.But this catabolic effect can be prevented by BCAAs, especially during endurance exercises.
Based on one study, endurance athletes who engaged in 24-hr long training cycles with kayaking, cycling and running suffered from protein degradation and metabolic stress due to muscle damage. They also suffered from plasma drops of BCAAs over the course of the trial, and a drop on it is associated with catabolism.
To work around it, you need BCAAs for performance support without protein breakdown if you're engaged in endurance sports and bodybuilding.
Best BCAA Supplement Reviews
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.com.
Reaching your 6-pack abs goal could be easy with proper training, diet and BPI Sports BCAA Supplement with peptide-bonded Citrulline and Carnitine for improved performance and fat burning and fast-acting BCAAs for easy muscle absorption and utilization for workouts, muscle recovery and repair. With BPI Sports, you lose fat, build muscle but not lose it when cutting or on a fasted diet. It provides your body with amino acid source for fuel, preventing catabolism. Carnitine is a non-stimulant thermogenesis agent for fat burning that elevates your body temperature.
- Thermogenic for fat loss
- Improves athletic performance
- BCAAs for muscle-building, tissue repair and recovery and immune support
- The supplement may be ideal for people who perform lots of cardio, but it is not specially designed for bodybuilders.
ENDURE BCAA is another promising BCAA supplement on the market. It can preserve and protect the muscle with 5G BCAA. Each serving (BCAA ratio 3:1:1) contains 3,000mg of L-Leucine, 1,000 mg of L-Isoleucine and 1,000 mg of L-Valine. These amino acids do not only preserve muscle, but they also support muscle growth, as they speed up muscle recovery and repair. When that happens, you can improve both your stamina and endurance in powerlifting, endurance sports and bodybuilding overall. And because the product contains L-Glutamine for minimizing muscle breakdown and L-Citrulline Malate for enhancing workout performance, you may be well on your way to building more muscle.
- 3:1:1 BCAAs (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine)
- Preserves and protects muscle from catabolism
- Contains other essential ingredients such as L-Glutamine and L-Citrulline Malate
- Enhances workout performance and muscle recovery
- Sugar-free and zero calorie
- Some reviewers pointed out its bad taste.
- More expensive than other featured products here are.
It is aimed at helping bodybuilders build muscle and recover from training fast and is promoted to reduce muscle fatigue and repair joints. The product may also support the immune system and improve digestion. BCAA ratio is high, being 10:1:1, which is its leucine, valine and isoleucine content. These ingredients are a commodity for muscle protein synthesis and muscle repair. You cannot do without these, or else your immune system and your body would fail and you might suffer from illness or injury.
- High BCAA concentration (10:1:1)
- Great essential amino acid source (L-Phenylalanine boosts mood and energy, L-Methionine neutralizes free radicals, L-Threonine stimulates glycine and serine production, L-Histidine supports the immune system)
- Not suitable for individuals with high blood pressure, diabetes and liver disease, to name some; also not for those taking MAOI or MAO inhibitor
Nutritional support for bodybuilding, High T Pro Formula contains not only BCAAs but also antioxidants and vitamins for improve muscle energy, endurance and health. It reduces muscle fatigue, improving workout performance and endurance, while shortening recovery time. It has coconut water, quickly rehydrating every cell in your body and increasing your endurance during workouts.
- Improved cellular hydration
- Reduced muscle stress
- Fast muscle recovery
- Active BCAA REGEN buffers lactic acid production while reducing muscle fatigue for faster muscle gains
- More expensive than other featured products
BCAA concentrated with 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Valine and Isoleucine, FAKTRITION BCAA CMPLX is one of the best BCAA supplements every bodybuilder needs. They build muscle by enhancing muscle repair and recovery. Betaine (actually Trimethylglycine) is a methyl donor amino acid. It helps in regenerating methionine again from Homocysteine. [Methionine is essential in cellular function for muscle protein synthesis.]
- 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Valine and Isoleucine
- Betaine for strength and muscle gains
- Hica for decreased muscle protein breakdown
- L-Carnitine and L-Tartrate for energy boost and fat metabolism
- Lower in Leucine versus other products
If you want to increase strength and muscle size as well as lose fat (not muscle), you can greatly benefit from any of these supplements. Use the above for reference when choosing the best BCAA supplement for you. Each has its unique features, at least in terms of ingredients, BCAA ratio and desired effects. Compare your options and supplement with the right BCAA source now.
- Read more: Best BCAA For Women
Did you find this article helpful? Hit share and like, and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.